Friday, November 29, 2013

Fashion Friday - Sweater Dresses

Did I mention it is getting colder by the day in Denver? Truly it is. 

I was cruising around the internet looking for fashionable ladies wearing warm winter clothing when I came across these two beauties. Hey a girl needs inspiration from time to time.




It was in that moment I realized I have had been wanting a sweater dress for years but never felt comfortable enough with my body to purchase one. Then a few dresses worn by Dita von Teese came to mind, most vividly the Dior dress on the left. I have wanted that dress since the moment I saw it so many years ago.




As much as I love the Dior dress, my dream sweater dress is made by Gene Shelly and stops my heart. Sadly, I didn't purchase it when I had the chance and now will always have to do without. 



As you can imagine, a few of my Fashion Friday selections are Gene Shelly designs. In fact the first three are Gene Shelly. 


The first has been a favorite of mine for a long time. It is a 1950's creamy knit wool dress adorned with tiny glass beads for $299.00. I love the back and floral motif.

You can see me here.



The second Gene Shelly is this amazing 1950's heavily sequined knit dress for $260.00. I cannot begin to imagine how amazing this dress would look on the dance floor. Sigh.


You can see me here.



My final Gene Shelly dress is less flashy but perfect for winter. A 1950's baby blue knit dress with with and silver branch pattern beading for $215.00. I really love the deep cut back and that it has its original belt.


You can see me here.



My fourth dress and first non Gene Shelly is a 1940's pink knit dress for $80.00. I really liked the shape of this dress and that it is an understated daytime option.


You can see me here.



My last dress is a 1950's beaded and sequined beige wool dress for $215.00. Let's be honest with one another, I love this dress because it is anything but understated. I love gaudy!!!



You can see me here.


I really need a sweater dress now! Can someone please find me my dream sweater dress from above?



9 comments:

  1. I think the last comment I left didn't post properly...so here goes again! These dresses are all gorgeous, and I particularly really like the baby blue one! As always, I would just worry about how on earth to wash them, as I don't think I'd trust the dry cleaners.... Dita's gorgeous Dior dress is actually a suit, and my friend in SF sold it to her!!! It's so beautiful, I wish it was mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with a wool knit you could probably soak them in water. I know I used to do that with a few wool sweaters I had.

      No way! Why would you ever sale a Dior dress?!?!

      Delete
  2. I'm cracking out my beaded knit dress over Christmas for sure....you've just reminded me that I haven't worn it in FOR EVER xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I hope to find an obscurely listed Dior suit! I've never heard of Gene Shelly now I shall keep my eyes open for a magnificent beaded beauty for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to find an obscurely listed Dior anything one day (sigh).

      Yes, do look out for Gene Shelly for me. Love her stuff!!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous choices! I think the blue one is my favourite, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really gorgeous and I love that it is so wintry.

      Delete
  5. On my vintage "Wish List" is a Sweater dress but I have had no such luck yet on finding one that fits my dimensions lol :) The ones you have posted here are so pretty! I think it's time for a work break to browse Etsy....

    ReplyDelete